Global Investment Strategy

An Easy Way to Understand the Global Economy

Date: 2016-04-14 - Prepared by: The GISI

Canada is the only country that simultaneously benefits and suffers from lower commodity prices. Understanding and analyzing Canada’s economy is evidently much simpler than understanding the world economy (because Canada is smaller, data are readily available, reliable and comparable). If we are able to monitor the adjustments taking place within Canada, we should have a much clearer idea of most transformations currently underway in the world economy and hence improve our investment decisions. Similarly to the world economy, about 70% of Canada benefits from lower commodity prices (energy and non-energy) while the remaining 30% of Canada suffers.

This document is only available to members

Request your free trial OR Login Here